Wednesday, January 28, 2015

New Look 6749

Summer Dress number 2

I liked this little casual summer dress for our long hot summers here in Florida.  It seemed very simple to whip it up, but it also needed a pop up color.   I had this bright green cloth left over from a ruffle skirt of the table cloth I made earlier, so I blended in with this dress fabric, and I think it works. (no one will know).

The necklace was made by my sister form polymer clay and looks nice with the fabric. (R.I.P. sis)



Close up of the ribbon trim.  I also made a 1/4 inch binding and stitched it onto the edge of the shoulder straps.    

 
   

Silky twisted ribbon trim sewed on to the green trim  



 I had enough fabric left over that I made a ruffle trim and stitched it on to the hem for interest and to hold the dress down. (for windy days). Don't want to get the old guys too excited.



Now I am working on the same dress, but a different fabric and adding a little bling bling.

Here is the pattern:  



Thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment