Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Shoe Bags

I have been sewing traveling shoe bag for many years for friends and family.  It all started over 30 years ago.  Hubby and I were packing for a flight to Jamaica.  I was so excited to wear my new clothes which I had purchased for this trip.    One was a beautiful white cotton top with lace trimming from Banana Republic.

When I unpacked  my luggage, to my surprise the white top was stained with big red letters from  the plastic bag.  It was the logo from a national retail store. At that time I thought it was a good idea to pack all my shoes into plastic bags to keep the dirty soles from staining my clothes.

Wow, what a mistake.  I don't know if the temperature in the luggage compartment is very high, but the markings on the plastic bags transferred onto some of my new clothes, and how disappointing this was for me.  This is how  Classic Shoe Bag was born.

They all have a see through window with an embroidered shoe in the center.  It works out nice when traveling on a cruise ship because I keep my shoes in the bags and on a shelf.  The window lets me see which pair of shoes I am searching for.

The top of the bags have a draw string with a brass bead to hold it close when the string is pulled and tighten.


                                                                                                         

2 comments:

  1. Blanca love your shoe bags! A must have when you travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances. These shoe bags were gifts for the ladies that purchased the dolls with the carrying tote and the clothes. They absolutely loved them.

      Delete