Friday, August 15, 2014

Castle quilt block

Tag-Along-Sally

I used to sew my clothes years ago. For some unknown reason I put my sewing machine away and there it remained for years.  One day I received a box in the mail from my sister Wanda.  Whom is now with the Lord. (I miss her very much).

The box contained many scraps of fabric, trimmings, ribbons and tiny craft findings.  She knew how much I enjoyed sewing, even as a child.

My mother used to make our dresses on one of those antique  iron Singer machines.  I would pick up the scraps of fabrics and create my own Barbi clothes.

This box also contained a little raggedy doll, a doll case and some doll clothes.  I refashioned the case (doll carrying case), the doll, and made my own fashion wardrobe.

Here is another one of my dolls and carrying case.  I named her Sally, after one of Wanda's friend.  The carrier  has a quilted bed and a zipped pocket that stores her wardrobe.

An original by Blanca.

    Purple Castle Quilt Block
Pink Castle Quilt Block


See my video for entire sets:
http://youtu.be/y01E0O27hMU

No comments:

Post a Comment